The purpose of the 7 Daily Nuggets is to teach you what you need to know to live a prosperous life; the things that you may not have learned at church, school, home or at work. Apply what you learn here and share these nuggets with others. We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Failing to plan is planning to fail. Planning is essential to all that we do in life. Lasting success does not come by accident; it has to be intentional. Great planning helps us to overcome some of our weaknesses.
Here are some things essential to great planning:
1. Great plans are clearly written, concise, feasible, and realistic, coming from rock solid goals with focus on results.
2. Great plans are mission centric, easy to understand and be communicated.
3. Great plans are clearly actionable and problem solving focused aimed at attaining specific results.
4. Great plans allow for adjustments from feedback from those being impacted from the planned actions.
5. Great plans have the right activities, are adaptable, use best practices, and include rewards for those doing the work and achieving the results.
6. Great plans are developed with involvement of those implementing the plan and include resources and possible barriers to implementation.
7. Great plans involve continuous assessment of checking and adjusting to allow for tasks you should keep doing, start doing, and stop doing.
Spend more time planning and your doing will be more effective.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others!
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)