Freedom Is Fragile!
The purpose of the 7 Daily Nuggets is to teach us what we need to know to live a prosperous life; the things that we may not have learned at church, school, home or at work. Let’s apply what we learn here and share these nuggets with others. We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Freedom is hard to achieve yet fragile and easy to lose!
It is obvious we are losing our freedoms very fast. Our nation’s financial freedom along with our personal financial freedoms is almost gone. Next to go is our spiritual freedoms, then our political freedoms. Why aren't we fighting for our freedoms? Simply because we are focused too much on ourselves, on our own security. Also, it is easy to lose what we take so much for granted, what we don't know we have. Freedom is precious and fragile and it is not free. There was a high price our fathers paid for us to be free. It’s not too late if we act swiftly and courageously.
What does it take to preserve and protect our freedoms?
1. Spread entrepreneurship. Entrepreneurs via their small enterprises are the truest spreaders of freedom. The only way to secure freedom is via a drastic increase in the number of entrepreneurs. If you cannot be an entrepreneur at least think and act as entrepreneurs do.
2. Become a true leader. Take full responsibility for your life and your future. We urgently need more big and long local thinkers fighting for our freedoms.
3. Spread self-education. Focus on individual responsibility for education. For anyone to be educated there must be self-discovery, that wonder of learning and applying what is learned.
4. Read deeply and widely like our founding fathers. Read history, the classics, literature, and Scriptures. Live by principles that withstood the test of time not the fads of the month or the year.
5. Create prosperous local communities everywhere. Healthy local communities solve their own problems. Top reading communities are more self-educated and have higher standards of living.
6. Drastically reduce the size of federal government. Drastically reduce entitlements and shift responsibility to local communities. Entitlement is the worse form of slavery, it disables the individual.
7. Drastically reduce the tax rates and simplify taxation. Higher taxes should be paid locally where there is more accountability for the spending.
What role are you playing to preserve and protect our freedoms?
Be blessed and be a blessing to others
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)