The purpose of the 7 Daily Nuggets is to teach you what you need to know to live a prosperous life; the things that you may not have learned at church, school, home or at work.
Apply what you learn here and share these nuggets with others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Enjoy today’s nuggets on the basics of success!
How can you succeed in a fast paced competitive world?
What are the qualities of mind required to win your race?
Success does not happen by accident. Success is intentional. Success is a quality of mind. Success comes from the quality of our learning and the speed of acting on the right information. Success is an attack on status quo.
When we think correctly we realize that success is simple; simple but not easy because what is easy to do is even easier not to do.
Here are a few thoughts to get you started:
1. Work hard and then work ingenuously smart. Have patience in an impatient world. Hard work always comes first. Shortcuts will only lead you to traps later on. Continuously seek and refine ideas. Spend time with successful people and mirror them while you are acquiring and refining skills.
2. Have the courage to act on your convictions. True success comes when you are free to be who you were created to be. Be you, the best you. Do the right things right. Integrity is not enough; you must develop the courage that goes along with integrity.
3. Have the vision to see clearly where you are going. Seek with your mind. Use your ears to help create your vision. If you cannot create your success in your mind first, you will have a difficult time to physically create it.
4. Sacrifice the good on the way to get the great. Don’t settle for comfort at the first few victories on your way to greatness. Keep the inertia, the momentum going. Camping after a few victories is very enticing; don’t fall for it and keep on climbing your mountain.
5. Have persistence, the tenacity to finish your race. Are you willing to face rejection and even ridicule as you run your race. Learn from failure and from setbacks; in them you will find the lessons you need to succeed. Turn your failures into positive energy.
6. Develop a love for people. Have grace under pressure and take responsibility where others flounder and fumble. Be there to uplift others when they fall.
7. Know timing. Implement ideas whose times have come. Know what trees to cut from the forest and replant new trees.
The mediocre will never know the sweet taste of true success. Your struggles and failures will fine tune your taste buds and prepare you to savor the awesome taste of the freedom. Start sprouting those seeds of greatness inside you, nurture them and you never have to feel the pain of regret.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others!
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)