What is the value of Freedom?
The purpose of the 7 Daily Nuggets is to teach you what you need to know to live a prosperous life; the things that you may not have learned at church, school, home or at work. Apply what you learn here and share these nuggets with others. We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Why is freedom so important?
Because just about everything else depends on freedom.
Preserving and protecting freedom is the most important part of our duty as citizens. Be it economic, spiritual or political freedom. Let’s not wait until it is too late to learn the value of freedom.
Here are the 7 nuggets on Freedom for you to reflect on:
1. Freedom is not free. If you are free and you don’t fight for those that are not you will lose your freedom.
2. Freedom breeds prosperity. Compare the North and South Koreas and you can draw your own conclusions.
3. Know your freedoms. It’s easy to lose what we don’t know we have. What are you willing to die for?
4. Define freedom. What does freedom mean to you? Picture a day when you are totally free.
5. Duty, honor, respect. What ought to be our number one cause in America today? Value and protect freedom.
6. Lead by duty. A leader shift is needed if we are to have a freedom shift. We are in a crossroad in American history; either shifting to freedom or force. Which of the two would you rather have?
7. Think and chase freedom instead of security. Safety and security leads to bondage and slavery. Freedom leads to progress and prosperity.
Which direction are you going - towards security or towards freedom?
Be blessed and be a blessing to others!
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)