Perfect Practice Makes It Perfect!
The purpose of the 7 Daily Nuggets is to teach you what you need to know to live a prosperous life; the things that you may not have learned at church, school, home or at work. Apply what you learn here and share these nuggets with others. We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Practice is not enough; we must intentionally practice the right things.
A genius has to repeat something 50 times to know it; the average person 200 times; yet the media and the world tell us that we are inadequate if we don't succeed in the first few attempts. How many shots have Michael Jordan and Tiger Woods hit to master their game? No wonder they are so good at their game. If we practice we too become good in the game of life.
By practicing the fundamentals of life you can get anywhere you want to go.
We become what we practice most.
When it comes to practicing, here are 7 things to keep in mind:
1. Learn from mistakes – preferably from the mistakes of others.
2. Argue with your own limitations – discover what they are and work on them.
3. Get “on the eye of the storm” – and get out of it unscathed.
4. Deliberately ignore your negative thoughts – don’t fight them, replace them with positive thoughts.
5. See your problems as potential opportunities – see problems with your mind.
6. Do little things well – and soon you will be doing bigger things as well.
7. Ask yourself good questions – what is important next? Will it matter one year from now?
Choose the hard path in life early on and life will get easier and easier.
Yes, practice and preparation produce predictable performance!
Be blessed and be a blessing to others
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)