OUR FRIEND AND MENTOR LARRY BLEWS US AWAY LAST NIGHT WITH THE MOST AMAZING TALK ABOUT TRUE FRIENDSHIP. LARRY IS THE TRUEST OF FRIENDS BECAUSE HE HELPS HIS FRIENDS TO GET BETTER. THANKS LARRY FOR YOUR TEACHINGS.
1) There is an art and a science element of every true friendship. The art side involves empathy and enthusiasm. It deals with the emotional side. It involves using our joyful spirit to inspire others.
2) Give a friend what a friend needs not necessarily what a friend wants. Friends need empathy not sympathy. Be responsive listener. Love spells time. Give a friend the gift of time.
3) The science side of friendship involves taking deliberate actions to grow in friendships. It involves being a good finder of qualities in others and bringing them.
4) Be a friend to attract a friend. Accept, approve and appreciate others. Be intentional about growing and maintaining friendships.
5) Be a great encourager by building expectancy in others. See in others what they cannot see in themselves. A true friend helps a friend to get better.
6) A true friend encourages us to live the life we always wanted. A true friend lightens our burdens through the journey of life. They don’t criticize, condemn or complain. All the skills required for true friendships are learned.
7) Data shows that in the last couple of decades people grew in the number of acquaintances while the number of true friendships dropped from three to two. We become the average of the five closest friends. We will need six friends to carry our casket. Let’s be a better friend so we can have better friends; at least six good ones. Don’t be a slave to technology. Nothing will ever take place of eye to eye conversation with a friend.
Be blessed, and then be a blessing to others
Carlos Fontana, President
Phalanx - A Leadership Education Company