The Wisdom of Vince Lombardi!
Lombardi was a man of character and integrity; a great example to live by. He was a man of great faith. He said that truth is knowing that your character is shaped by your everyday choices. Lombardi derived his strength from daily mass and Holy Communion. Here are a few words of wisdom he left the world from years of success with the Green Bay Packers. He created an unstoppable Football team because he always coached men before coaching ball players.
1) Winning is a habit. Unfortunately so is losing. Success has a price, pay the price to win.
2) It is a reality of life that men are competitive.
3) The quality of a person’s life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor.
4) It is not whether of get knocked down; it is whether you get up.
5) Discipline, born of hard work, helps you make the hard decisions. It helps you embrace the pain associated with change.
6) All great performers possess an enormous degree of discipline and a sense of duty. They learned self-control and they exercise it. Winners have the will to win and the will to excel.
7) He firmly believed that any man’s finest hour - his greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear – is that moment when he worked his heart out in good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle – victorious.
We can all learn from this great man; the coach of coaches and the leader of leaders.
Be blessed, and then be a blessing to others
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx