THE POWER OF READING
1) How important is reading the right books?
Reading is the most powerful habit a person can have. Reading changes our perspective on how we see the world.
2) What can reading do for you?
Reading allows us to see possibilities and opportunities we could not otherwise. Reading stretches our thinking.
3) What happens when we read a great book?
A great book teaches us how to form coherent thoughts and tell stories and speak our mind. Great books have in them thoughts from great thinkers available for anyone to borrow free of charge.
4) Can we really have the life we always wanted if we read daily?
Yes. Knowledge compounds faster than money; money always follows excellence. A financial free person can dedicate the rest of her life to the benefit of others. Read 30 minutes per day for 30 days to acquire the habit of reading.
5) Can reading help us make a difference in the lives of others?
Yes. Here are a few great readers in history: George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, Abraham Lincoln, Ronald Reagan and Franklin D. Roosevelt (Roosevelt read all the books from his hometown library).
6) What happens if we know how to read and don’t read?
If we know how to read and don't read we are no different than those that do not know how to read. Anyone that is not reading at least one great books a month is falling behind in this fast paced world we live in.
7) Can reading lead us to writing?
All great writers are great readers; not all great readers are great writers. Choose what to read. Read books that help you get better.
Be blessed, and then be a blessing to othersCarlos Fontana, President of Phalanx