The Wisdom from the Ancient Greeks
Why continually make the same mistakes if there are so many new mistakes to be made?
Those that know and don’t do don’t really know because knowing and not doing is not knowing. The Greeks were the first big deep thinkers. They left us all we need to live significant lives. Why not take time to reflect on what they left us to ponder upon?
1) Examine your life and keep your attitude in check. Be brutally honest when doing a self-evaluation.
2) Master yourself by stopping deceiving yourself and continually get better.
3) Worry only about the things you can control. Continually enhance your mental and spiritual capacities.
4) Learn to treasure friendships. Always be looking for opportunities to enhance your friendships. Don’t do evil to others.
5) Experience true pleasure. Discriminate between true and false pleasures. Seek experiences that give you a piece of mind.
6) Avoid excesses by steering between them. Be a responsible human being and maintain good spiritual hygiene.
7) Don’t be a prosperous fool. Money is necessary but the main component to a great life.
Kindness towards others tends to be rewarded. Givers always end up with more of what matters in life.
Be blessed, and then be a blessing to others
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx