Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Will you decide?

Decide

Make good decisions and manage them. Prevent going to the mental torture of deciding and doubting, second guessing your decisions. Keep in mind the three overriding principles when making decisions: Long term thinking, delayed gratification, and the power of compounding.



Here are a few things to keep in mind in order to make good decisions:
1.      Purpose. Does this decision fit my purpose? Does it bring me closer or further from my goals and dreams? Is it congruent with the vision where I am going? Does it fit my priorities or is it just another obligation?
2.      Value. What is the value this decision will bring? What are the repercussions of this decision? What is the compounding effect of this decision? Is this a good investment of my money?
3.      Draw a line. List all the pros and cons for the alternatives. Be objective and truthful on contrasting the options.
4.      Alternatives. What other alternatives are available? Is this a good investment of my time?
5.      Moral. Is the decision legal, ethical, and most importantly moral?
6.      Resolution. Resolve to make the decision and mange it. Am I going to be resolute about this decision?
7.      Emotion. What is my emotional level about this decision? Am I at a peak or a valley as I make this decision? Making decisions emotionally then using logic to justify them is not a good way to make decisions. Use both logic and emotion to make good decisions. Will I accept the consequences and take full responsibility for the decision?



Thank you for reading and reflecting on today’s nuggets. Share them with others.   
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.

Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)

Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy

No comments:

Post a Comment