The Wit and Wisdom of Ronald Reagan – 16
1. So I felt then, as I feel now, America owes a special thanks to those who are willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for their country.
2. When the income tax was first levied in 1913, the top rate was only 7 percent on people with incomes over $500,000.
3. England may be the mother of parliaments, but from the Boston Tea Party to this administration, it’s the United States that has been the mother of tax revolts. You know, that’s a pretty good line. I can hardly wait to try it out on Margaret Thatcher.
4. The American taxing structure, the purpose to which was to serve the people, began instead to serve the insatiable appetite of government.
5. Someone has likened government to a baby. It is an alimentary canal with an appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other.
6. Speak softly, but keep the battleship Iowa close at hand.
7. Entrepreneurs have created a global electronic network, on-line 24 hours a day, sending capital, ideas, goods and services around the world at near the speed of light.
Thank you for reading and reflecting on today’s nuggets. Share them with others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy