Thursday, January 22, 2015

The Wit and Wisdom of Ronald Reagan – 12

The Wit and Wisdom of Ronald Reagan – 12

1.      Our government has no power except that granted it by the people. It is time to check and reverse the growth of government, which shows signs of having grown beyond the consent of the governed.

2.      All of us need to be reminded that the federal government did not create the states. The States created the federal government.

3.      All of us should remember that the federal government is not some mysterious institution comprised of buildings, files, and paper. The people are the government. What we create we ought to be able to control.

4.      I can’t help thinking, while much of the 20th Century saw the rise of the federal government; the 21st Century will be the century of the states.

5.      I have always believed that America is strongest and freest and happiest when it is truest to the wisdom of its founders.

6.      The explorers of the modern era are the entrepreneurs. Men with vision; with the courage to take risks, and faith enough to brave the unknown.

7.      And on my way to the hall, a fellow recognized me and asked me what I was doing in Las Vegas. And I told him what I was there for. And he said ‘What are a bunch of farmers doing in a place like Las Vegas?’ And I couldn't resist. I said, ‘Buster, they’re in a business that makes a Las Vegas crap table look like a guaranteed annual income.’



Thank you for reading and reflecting on today’s nuggets. Share them with others.   
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.

Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)

Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy

No comments:

Post a Comment