Getting the right education
Invest to feed your brain at least as much as you do to feed your stomach. In the information age you cannot afford not to invest in your self-education on a continuous basis. Choose wisely the information going into your brain. The right education is the first of the 7 areas that separates those that have and those that have not.
1. Tap into the power of daily reading the right books. Reading 15 minutes per day will allow one million words entering your brain. The right words carry enormous power with them. Reading expands our thinking and fertilizes our imagination.
2. Listen to the right audios on a daily basis. Listening is a different form of learning. Listen to audios while commuting.
3. Watch the right videos. Lean the art and science of public speaking. Public speaking significantly improves our communication skills.
4. Associate with the right people. We become the average of the five people closest to us. Choose your associations wisely. Learn from the right experiences of others.
5. Tap into the power of having the right mentor. The right mentor provides the right perspective and can see in us what we cannot see for ourselves. We can only claim our rights after we take full responsibility for our education and our lives.
6. Discover the power of daily writing. Writing crystallizes our thinking and drastically improves our communication skills.
7. Apply what you learn to solve your day to day problems. The secret to a great education is small doses of daily learning and application of truth to solve our day to day problems.
Thank you for reading and reflecting on today’s nuggets. Share them with others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy