The Wit and Wisdom of Ronald Reagan – 10
1. Our national purpose is to unleash the full talent and genius of the individual, not to create mass movement with the citizenry subjecting themselves to the whims of the state.
2. The principles of wealth creation transcend time, people, and place.
3. Governments which deliberately subvert them by denouncing God, smothering faith, denouncing freedom, and confiscating wealth have impoverished their people.
4. We are a nation that finds change and innovation to be a tonic.
5. Before I took up my current line of work, I got to know a thing or two about negotiating when I represented the Screen Actors Guild in contract talks with the studios. After the studios, Gorbachev was a snap.
6. The air we breathe is also invisible and taken for granted, yet if it is denied even for a few seconds, we realize instantly how much it means to us. Well, so too with freedom.
7. Freedom is not created by government, not is it a gift from those in political power. It is, in fact, secured more than anything else by those limitations I mentioned that are placed on those in government.
Thank you for reading and reflecting on today’s nuggets. Share them with others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy