Things to ponder
1. Only humans are capable of expecting perfection out of imperfect people. We often judge others by their results and ourselves by our actions.
2. Words may not kill but they certainly can do irreparable damage especially to the source they came from. Concealed anger is a weapon of mass regrets.
3. Expect and deal with difficult people. Thanks to them we have great lawyers.
4. Respect everyone, trust is earned. Distrust is present because few people are willing to work to earn their trust.
5. When committed players are ready the coach will appear. When a committed coach is available the players will appear.
6. Wants and needs are only equal in a society of instant gratification. Don’t expect a broke person to understand the meaning of “the buck stops here.”
7. Value and profit explain the difference between price and cost. Value drives the price and the profit. Greed is what breaks the natural balance of business.
Thank you for reading and reflecting on today’s nuggets. Share them with others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy