How to Kill Procrastination
Just in case you have already been procrastinating on your 2015 resolutions, here are a few pointers to help you.
1. Keep the reward in front of you. Imagine savoring the reward for finishing. Keep the why in front of you. Set up why reminders. Either a dream or a dread, figure out why you want it.
2. Start easy. Go easy at first. See yourself doing the easy part. Increase the pace as you gain strength and confidence.
3. Take the first step. Just do it. Don’t rationalize it. Get moving.
4. Take one bite at a time. Break big tasks into small ones. Small is manageable and not so frightening.
5. Keep anxiety at bay. Be mindful of change is not easy, but always worth it. Persist and you will prevail.
6. Be accountable to someone else. Share the load with someone you respect.
7. Stop hiding behind technology. Social media may be hogging your time and sapping your energy. Get to work and get things done!
Thank you for reading and reflecting on today’s nuggets. Share them with others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy