Monday, January 5, 2015

Shattering the limits

Limiting beliefs

“The only man I know who behaves sensibly is my tailor; he takes my measurements anew each time he sees me. The rest go on with their old measurements and expect me to fit them.”  - George Bernard Shaw


Self-deception prevents us from busting through our limiting beliefs. We are ignorant of our self-limiting beliefs. Limiting beliefs come in many different forms. We create them so we are the only ones that can get rid of them. We accumulate limiting beliefs from our experiences. Start busting them.  Here are a few common limiting beliefs and what to do about them:

1.      I don’t have the education. I don’t know where to start. Get started and the next steps will be revealed as you go forward.

2.      I am too young or too old. I always seem to miss opportunities. Prepare and you will be surprised how opportunities will appear.

3.      I can’t find the right person to love. I am afraid of being hurt again. Work on yourself and the right person will find you.

4.      People will reject my ideas. I am not an idea person. I am not a salesperson. Yes, they will reject your ideas until you have a burning desire to succeed.

5.      I can’t trust others. Others have taken advantage of me before. Work on your character so others will trust you.

6.      I can’t pursue my dreams. I don’t have time and/or money. I am already too busy. If it is really important to you, you will find a way. Where there is a will there is a way. Make your dreams real and you will figure it out.

7.      I don’t need to be successful. I don’t have the motivation. I am a procrastinator. Stop listening to yourself. Start talking with yourself. Life is too short to be selfish!

Thank you for reading and reflecting on today’s nuggets. Share them with others.   
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.

Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)

Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy

No comments:

Post a Comment