The Wit and Wisdom of Ronald Reagan – 08
1. Our founding documents proclaim to the world that freedom is not the prerogative of a chosen few. It is the universal right of all God’s children.
2. Those nations and states which have secured man’s highest aspirations for freedom, opportunity and justice, have always been those willing to trust their people, confident that their skills and their talents are equal to any challenge.
3. Having a little bit of freedom is like being a little bit pregnant. It isn't possible. One must be entirely free to think bold – even heretical – thoughts and to communicate them.
4. It was the British historian Arnold Toynbee who defined life as a voyage of discovery and not a sage harbor. How True.
5. After a lifetime spanning most of this tumultuous century, my voyage is drawing to a close. It has been an extraordinary trip by any standard.
6. With my own eyes, I have witnessed the birth of communism and the death of communism.
7. Your world is poised for better tomorrows. What will you do on your journey?
Thank you for reading and reflecting on today’s nuggets. Share them with others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy