The Wit and Wisdom of Ronald Reagan – 06
1. History demonstrates that time and again, in place after place, economic growth and human progress make the greatest strides in countries that encourage economic freedom.
2. With sound understanding of our domestic freedom and responsibilities, we can construct effective international cooperation. Without it, no amount of international good will and action can produce prosperity.
3. We who live in free market societies believe that growth, prosperity and, ultimately, human fulfillment are created from the bottom up, not government down.
4. Everyday life confirms the fundamentally human and democratic ideal that individual effort deserves an economic reward. Nothing is more crushing to the spirit of working people and to the vision of development itself than the absence of reward for honest toil and legitimate risk.
5. We cannot have prosperity and successful development without economic freedom; not can we preserve our personal and political freedoms without economic freedom.
6. Those which put freedom as the first priority find they have also provided security and economic progress.
7. It’s no secret that I wear a hearing aid. Well, just the other day, all of a sudden, it went haywire. We discovered the KGB had put a listening device in my listening device.
Thank you for reading and reflecting on today’s nuggets. Share them with others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy