The Wit and Wisdom of Ronald Reagan – 04
1. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation.
2. To be prepared for war is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.
3. Never give up the fight for freedom – a fight which, though it may never end, is the most ennobling to man.
4. As for enemies of freedom, we will never surrender for it, now or ever.
5. I have often said that the tide of the future is a freedom tide. If so, it is also a peace tide, for the surest guarantee we have of peace is national freedom and democratic government.
6. Lasting peace is what we hope for at the end of our journey. It doesn't describe the steps we must take nor the paths we should follow to reach that goal.
7. We must turn a deaf ear to those born-again patriots who talk about strength while serving the same old menu of weakness. If we learned anything these last eight years, it’s that peace through strength works.
Thank you for reading and reflecting on today’s nuggets. Share them with others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy