7 Ailments of Organizations
To one form or another most organizations suffer from one or more of the following.
1. Blindness. Evidenced by lack of vision. Failure to face reality, the facts. Failure to see a changed new world.
2. Gossip. Caused by lack of communication, integrity, courage, honesty, transparency, and so on.
3. Pessimism. Spread by those crossing the days on the calendar until retirement. Plenty of complaining, criticizing, and condemning going on amongst the ranks.
4. Boring. Little excitement going on. Employees are not engaged, just going through the motions. Just a job to pay my bills.
5. Hypocrisy. Words and deeds don’t match. Overpromise and under deliver. Presence of false leaders that keep moving fast through organizations.
6. Greed. The few at the top of the pyramid take the glory and the money. The working bees tolerate for fear of losing their jobs and those benefits. The workers and the market conditions take the blame.
7. Arrogance. The presence of untouchables. The country club members/dictators and the yes people that faithfully serve them.
Solution for the above is leadership, pure and simple. A true leader will fix it!
Thank you for reading and reflecting on today’s nuggets. Share them with others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy