The Second Half
In case you are going to a midlife crisis, be thankful, the best is yet to come. The second half of our lives is for us to let our lives speak. During the 1st half, we look in the external world to build material security and success; in the 2nd half, we look in the internal world to find significance and leave a legacy. Here is a perspective on the two halves of our lives.
1. In the 1st half we focus on getting, in the 2nd half on giving back.
2. In the 1st half we focus on doing, in the 2nd half on being.
3. In the 1st half we focus on attaining knowledge, in the 2nd half on wisdom.
4. In the 1st half we focus on growing up, in the 2nd half on growing inside.
5. In the 1st half we focus on setting the stage, in the 2nd half on the plays.
6. In the 1st half we focus on the immediate, in the 2nd half on what matters most.
7. In the 1st half we focus on career/profession, in the 2nd half on vocation.
Bonus - in the 1st half we learn from adults and teach the children, in the 2nd half we learn with the children and to teach the adults.
Which half sounds more appealing to you? I would love to hear your perspective.
Will you join my cause to fight mediocrity in the world?
Pass these nuggets on to others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy