Let your clubs do the talking
Tiger Woods used to complain to his mother that other kids were not nice to him while playing golf, his mother used to say, “Tiger let your clubs do the talking.”
There is a leadership drought everywhere we look. Where have all the leaders gone? They are no longer around, only their lessons remain. We are no longer producing the quality and quantity of leaders, and thus the reason we are suffering as a nation. We need more and better role models for our children. Our children are watching us. What images are they creating from our actions? Here are some thoughts.
1. Stop protecting and start educating.
2. Stop talking and start showing.
3. Stop destroying and start building.
4. Stop protesting and start producing.
5. Stop being victims and start being victors.
6. Stop demanding and start expecting.
7. Stop promoting the wrong behaviors and start creating a culture of leadership.
Will you join my cause to fight mediocrity in the world?
Pass these nuggets on to others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy