Why did He come?
This is that time of the year we take time to reflect on the past, to be grateful for the present, and to think about the future. This is the time of the year many of us renew our faith. We renew our beliefs in what’s to come. You may be asking the same question as I am. Why did He come? Or what does He mean to me? Why not take a leap of faith and trust the greatest leader that ever lived? He came to show us the way to His father. The world has never been the same since He was born, raised, led, and died for us. We can never say there is no role model to follow. We can never measure up but we can strive to be like Him. Happy Birthday, Jesus Christ.
1. He gave Himself away. The greatest present we can ever give is the gift of self.
2. He engaged those around Him. He told compelling stories never to be forgotten.
3. He equipped the hungry. He fed them the right brain and soul food.
4. He empowered those close to Him. He gave away His power to those who followed Him. Why not tap into His source of power?
5. He sent them out to preach His message. A message of love for all of God’s creations. We are all in Ministry, in one form or another.
6. He showed us true love. True love always involves sacrifice.
7. He showed us how to serve. We can all love because we can all serve.
Follow Him. Why? Don't you want to spend eternity in the right place? Eternity is a long time to be wrong.
Have a wonderful Christmas!
Thank you for reading and reflecting.
Pass these nuggets on to others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy