The right thinking makes it so.
What is leadership?
Leadership can be simply defined by positive influence. The influence exerted by a leader comes from many sources. Contrary to popular opinion, leaders are made and not born. Leadership can be learned. Here are some nuggets on leadership so you can realize that you too can be a leader.
1. Take initiative. Leaders lead from the front and the back. Leaders show the way and have the back of their followers.
2. Have hunger. A leader’s hunger creates the internal tension necessary to take the right actions. Leaders are always attacking the status quo by setting bold and audacious goals.
3. Ask big questions. Leaders have the ability to ask the big questions that others lack the courage to ask. Leaders show others where to look for the answers to big questions.
4. Have influence. Leaders create a ripple effect by who they are and what they do everywhere they go. A leader’s clues are found by studying the processes producing the results leaders create.
5. Have character. Leaders put their character on the line in all they touch. Leaders have their character do the talking while they are moving in a positive driven direction.
6. Have staying power. Leaders are always driven by a cause and a vision of making things better for others. A leader’s influence is spread by the power freely shared in the communities they serve.
7. Love freedom. Leaders count their blessings. Leaders don’t take their freedoms for granted. Leaders are free to love the lovable and unlovable alike.
Everyone can be a leader, because everyone can serve.
Will you join my cause to fight mediocrity in the world?
Pass these nuggets on to others.
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy