Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Deal with them

How to bring the best out of others

We are all in the people business; the relationship building business.

The principles of dealing with people don’t change and have been known for hundreds of years. No matter what field of endeavor we play, the rules of the game are the same, when it comes with human interactions. It is proven that 85% of success comes from mastering the skill of dealing with people. The other 15% comes from technical skills, which are constantly changing and updating. Master the ability to build relationship with people and you will have plenty of time to keep updating your ever changing technical skills. Here is a solid list to get you going.

1.      Expect greatness. Build expectancy in others and they will live up to your expectations. Respect everyone, trust is earned.

2.      Uplift and encourage others. Be an uplifter and not a downer. Refrain from complaining, criticizing and condemning others. Never forget we are all at different stages in life, independent of our ages.

3.      Find and bring out strengths. Every human being has genius inside. Help others find their purpose and rekindle their dreams. Help them envision a better future.

4.      Give grace, no one is perfect. We tend to judge others by their results; we judge ourselves by our intentions. Flip this the other way around. Don’t judge others for we don’t know their stories of overcoming.

5.      Enjoy seeing others prospering. Great joy is found in seeing others learning, growing, and improving their lives. Give plenty of praise, appreciation, and recognition.

6.      Let their heart speak and listen. In the heart we find the truth. Be patient and you will be rewarded with the ability to help others.

7.      Learn to deal with difficult people. Don’t be a difficult person yourself. Learn how to deal with the troublemakers and the couch potatoes. Help them to use their positive energy into something productive. Learn how to help the couch potatoes overcome the two knobs, the TV and the door knobs.

When dealing with people we find the greatest frustrations and the greatest joys.

Pass these nuggets on to others.    
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.

Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy

No comments:

Post a Comment