Tuesday, December 23, 2014

NO, YES, or MAYBE

Just say and mean it.


It is OK to Say NO and mean it.

Do you have a hard time saying “no”? Are you always trying to be nice to others instead of just telling the truth? It is amazing the extent people go to prevent saying no. People don’t realize others know when they are white lying. I would rather have a plain sincere no than a fake yes. On the other hand, people say no and mean yes; women, in particular. Here is what people say instead of just saying no, period.

1.      “I will try” or “maybe.” It means a NO.
2.      “I can’t commit right now.” It means NO. When will you commit?
3.      “I would have to do my research.” It means going to the internet to be misinformed.
4.      “I would want to know all the details before I commit.” That means never.
5.      “I’d love to do this, but …” I don’t have time, money, knowledge, experience, etc., etc. Those darn buts… all mean NO.
6.      “Let me think about it and pray first, and then I’ll get back to you.” Right! Will you get back?
7.      “Now is not a good time, but can I call you when I am not so busy.” When will it be a good time?

Pass these nuggets on to others.    
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.

Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)

Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy

No comments:

Post a Comment