Will to Win
Do you have the will to persevere until you win?
Make sure the dream you are chasing is the right one. Could you perhaps be climbing a latter against the wrong wall?
1. The will to win is what separates the great from the average individual. Do you have the hunger to feed your will to win? Be great at defining from what to what by when.
2. You can learn the will to win. Are you plugged into the right sources of information to provide you with the knowledge to learn the will to win? Mentors are great at re-framing our thinking. Those that don't have a great mentor are just coasting through life.
3. The dreams provide the hunger. Do you have what it takes to finish what you start? Are you chasing a dream or running from a dread? The best thinking got us where we are today. Why not borrow the thinking of those who have a huge dreams list and a tinny dread list?
4. The will to win comes from hunger, focus, courage, and responsibility. Do you have a big enough why so the how doesn't stop you? All of these come from a continuous education system to adjust your strides until you get to your destination. A great educational system is optional but so is success. What channels are you listening to?
5. Suffering and struggles make you a better you. Are you stretching far enough and staying whole or are you withering and breaking every time you struggle?
6. Struggles define who you are and tell you where to go next. Do you have a clear vision of where you are going? Or are you running fast enough from the dreads, the lions that are chasing you?
7. The will to win comes from how you respond to struggles. How do you respond to the struggles in your life? Take a sabbatical and reeducate yourself. Spend the appropriate time on what really matters most to you.
Please know that as you go on to do uncommon things to reach your destination you will face opposition and outright rejection. Turn rejection into positive energy and you will have all the energy you need to reach your destination.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)