1. Never camp, keep on climbing the mountain of life. There are only three types of people; climbers, campers and quitters. Be in the first group if you want to enjoy the view. Why are you robbing yourself of the challenge to reach the summit?
2. Change yourself and have the courage to improve. The only thing harder than change is to change when we are forced to. Are you waiting for that moment or are you doing the change in anticipation of great things to come?
3. Do whatever it takes and don’t wait for others to build your life. Do you thrive on leftovers from others?
4. Whoever you are, whatever you do, others are watching. Are you setting the example for others to follow? People don't care how much we know until they know how much we care.
5. Bring others to your leadership level. Where ever you go there you are. Lead by example, led by duty. What happens to the leaders? Where did the leaders go?
6. True success comes from dealing with repeated failure. If failure is not part of your success journey you are likely going too slow. Are you chasing a dream or building someone else’s business in exchange for some monetary sum?
7. Great leaders pull out of you what you cannot see in yourself. Why don’t you pay forward and do the same for others?
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)