Generalities to Specifics
The problem with most of us is that we don't know what we don't know and what we do know is not so. There is so much to know and so much we do know that is not true. Another problem is that we don't even apply the little that we do know.
Knowing and not applying the knowing is not knowing! Start applying what you know to be true and you will start learning more truth and before you know you will be free to be who you were born to be.
1. Honesty is always a bargain even when it comes at a high cost. Are you willing to put your honor on the line even if it costs your reputation?
2. A leader cannot passionately pursue generality. How specific is your dream, vision, and purpose?
3. A goal forgotten is a goal missed. Are your goals SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Rewarding, Timely)?
4. Hunger provides the reason for chasing our dreams. Hunger is the gap between your vision and your current reality. Vision is future reality expressed as an idea today. IQ is no predictor of success; hunger is. Motivation comes from you hunger. What is your level of motivation? How hungry are you?
5. Only you can change your results. If you are check your scoreboard. You cannot score if you do not have a target to shoot at. Are you suffering from low self-esteem?
6. Excusitis is the dreamers killer disease. It takes only one excuse to prevent you from making one million more of the same. Are you replacing your bad habits with good ones?
7. Build assets instead of liabilities. Do you know the difference? Wealthy people build assets; poor people build liabilities. What are you doing today to increase your eternal value?
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)