Follow to Lead
Too big to follow, too small to lead!
If leadership is influence then influence is leadership.
Leadership boils down to character, relationships, and getting things done.
1. Follow people that have been called to a great cause. Who are you following and why are you following them?
2. The only true assets are high trust relationships. How many of them have you accumulated?
3. Stop thinking competition, start thinking cooperation, leveraging and influence. How big are your levers?
4. Learn how to become a hungry student forever. How big is your hunger and is your hunger coming from your vision?
5. Every down turn in the economy is followed by great new businesses. Are you pulling your levers to the full throttle position now?
6. Learn and grow to be an example for those around you. How fast are you improving to become who you were meant to be?
7. Become a master of your trade. Are you becoming a jack of all trades and a master of none or a master of one?
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)