Monday, November 11, 2013

FREEDOM IS PRICELESS!

FREEDOM IS PRICELESS!


Freedom is not free because freedom is sacred. There is always a high price associated with the most valuable things in the world. Taking freedom for granted in a sure way to lose it. Those that are free and don’t fight for those that aren't will eventually lose their freedoms.

Today is the day we take time to salute all the Veterans. Thank you for paying the price for our PRICELESS Freedom, especially those that paid the ultimate price, like Aaron Howard, to protect our freedoms.

Here are two short stories from the book PRICELESS. Take a minute to read and reflect on them.

“A Token of Appreciation for a Soldier - In 2006, at a local restaurant, there was a gentleman in his mid-twenties wearing a US military uniform.  A thought came to my mind that someone ought to pay for his lunch! I asked the waitress if she would add his lunch bill to mine so the gentleman’s lunch could be paid without him knowing who paid. She said okay. She walked over to his table to serve him more iced tea. She told him someone had already taken care of his bill in appreciation for his service to the country. I could see from the corner of my left eye as they were talking. At first he looked somewhat surprised and then  looked  around  with  a  soft,  big  smile  on  his  young  face. A feeling of gratitude ran through my spine as I watched his smiling face from the adjacent room.

The best gratitude is found when least expected.
How do you demonstrate gratitude for those who preserve our precious freedom?”

“A Drink for a Marine - I am in awe of our service men and women. I never served and will regret it all of my life. While in my seat for a light to Las Vegas during boarding, two marines went by and took their seats a few rows in back of mine. When a flight attendant came past for the  final  check  before  takeoff,  I  handed  her  a  twenty  and  asked that  those  marines  got  what  they  wanted  to  drink  when  service became available. She said she would do what she could. A few moments later, she came back and said she could do better than that as she gave me back my twenty. The captain came on over the PA system and requested that the marines come forward to be seated in first class. The entire plane cheered as they made their way forward. The marines were the ones then to send me back a drink!

In altitude, we find gratitude.
What is the best thing you have done for a member of our armed forces?”

Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)

Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)

No comments:

Post a Comment