Words of Wisdom from the Ages
The purpose of the 7 Daily Nuggets is to teach us what we need to know to live a prosperous life; the things that we may not have learned or are not currently learning in church, school, home or at work. Let’s apply what we learn here and share these nuggets with others. We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Let’s take to heart the words of wisdom from those that lived before us.
1. Perspective. There is no such thing as security in life, only opportunity. There is good in the world if we take the time to find it. Your treasure is buried deep inside you. Don't die and be buried with your treasure still buried in you.
2. Personal Growth. If we want to grow and get better during our lives we must not only accept criticism but also insist on getting it. That way there is always room to improve. Let your dreams grow faster than your growth.
3. Self-talk. Say something positive to yourself last thing at night and first thing in the morning. If you don’t have something positive to say, read the book PRICELESS, by yours truly.
4. Life. Life is not fair, face reality and deal with it. Be prepared to pay full price for success; it is well worth it.
5. Failure. We all feel the pain from failure but only the wise learn from it. Fail all the way to success. Double your rate of failure and watch what happens.
6. Time. Spend more time planning your life than your vacations. Spend more time reading than watching TV. Spend more time listening to audio books than listening to music or talk radio. Spend more time on your life scorecard than on your sports team scorecard. Time is the most valuable non-renewable resource we have; don’t waste it.
7. Success. The cost of true success is always more than money can buy. The cost is hidden in hard work, courage, discipline, and persistence. True success has to be earned.
Now you know so apply what you know!
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)