Leveraging Personalities and Temperaments
The purpose of the 7 Daily Nuggets is to teach us what we need to know to live a prosperous life; the things that we may not have learned or are not currently learning in church, school, home or at work. Let’s apply what we learn here and share these nuggets with others. We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Have you thought about using your personality towards living a virtuous life?
Use your temperament as a gift to serve others.
1. Sanguines. The popular, inspiring, and flamboyant. You don’t need to be the center of attention all the time. People like you anyway; they can see and know who you are. Put your zeal to a great cause.
2. Cholerics. The drivers and go-getters. Stop thinking the world is full of dumb people. Quit bulldozing people and start loving and serving them.
3. Melancholies. You don’t need all the details to get going. Don’t be so cautious about the future. Things will be revealed to you as you go forward. We know you are smart.
4. Phlegmatics. You are so supportive of others. Don’t wait for a crisis to learn how to lead. You know more than you think. You can lead by using your strength of being cool and collected during a crisis.
5. Introverts. Use your quiet and contemplative side to make connections with others. Speak your mind. Most people are not good mind readers.
6. Extroverts. Use your gifts of gab and smarts for creative solutions. Lead with love. Take time to listen to what is not being said. Ask great questions then listen.
7. Task maniacs. You are the list people. Stop adding items to the list so you can cross them off. Add more things to your list that make a difference to the lives of others. It is also ok to do things that are not on your list. You will get a high return on your investment.
Imagine if we used our strengths to get along better with one another. Imagine leveraging our strengths to build better communities. We are not animals but we sure can learn from them in order to have:
Ø The strength of a lion.
Ø The patience of a turtle.
Ø The serenity of a butterfly.
Ø The determination of an ant.
Ø The bravery of a tiger.
Ø The courage of an eagle.
Ø The wisdom of an awl.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)