The purpose of the 7 Daily Nuggets is to teach us what we need to know to live a prosperous life; the things that we may not have learned at church, school, home or at work. Let’s apply what we learn here and share these nuggets with others. We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Reading the right books is the most powerful habit one can have.
Great readers have a higher standard of living.
Readership in America is at an all-time low. Any wonder why our society's standard of living is going down. We are losing the edge we once used to have!
Why reading is a PRICELESS habit?
1. Improve your language and communication skills. Communication is a learned skill. Reading will enhance your ability to effectively communicate.
2. Become a better writer. All great writers are great readers. Imagine reading over one million words per year by just reading 15 minutes per day. You can tap into those words to craft sentences and create your own style of writing.
3. Expand your imagination. There is magic in reading the right books. Can you imagine tapping into the minds of great writers? Learn how great minds think.
4. Introduce you to new and better ideas. Books are full of proven ideas yet new to you. Take notes as ideas will come to you as you write.
5. Takes you to people and places you have not been before. Great books introduce you to places, people, and stories that take your breath away.
6. Become a great conversationalist. Acquire stories, the vocabulary, and become a story teller.
7. Have more enjoyment and fun in life. Self-education is full of fun. Self-discovery is a powerful form of enjoyment.
If you are not reading at least two great books a month you are missing the path to living a great life.
Anyone can develop the habit of reading. Start today! All it takes is 15 minutes per day, every day, for 30 days. It does not matter is you are a slow reader. To become great readers we all have to read, read, and read. Give it a shot and you will be amazed at the things you will learn and the great person you will become. Get a great book and get started today! Start developing the PRICELESS habit now!
Be blessed and be a blessing to others
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)