The purpose of the 7 Daily Nuggets is to teach us what we need to know to live a prosperous life; the things that we may not have learned or are not currently learning in church, school, home or at work. Let’s apply what we learn here and share these nuggets with others. We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Faith comes to those who seek it. Only the truth can set us free. Faith is believing in the unseen; belief in what’s to come.
To have faith we need to believe, behave, and belong. True faith is demonstrated through our behavior in all our relationships.
People with unwavering faith know the truth and live it. They have experienced the power of faith in their lives. They know what they believe in and why they believe in what they believe. Faith conquers fear. Faith is the best antidote to fear. No one can rush or be rushed to faith. Everyone has their own path to faith, some straight paths and sometimes tortuous paths. Those that seek the truth will find it and the truth sets them free. People with strong faith stand tall and are firm in their resolve to do what is right.
Here are some nuggets about faith:
1. Faith is confidence or trust. Faith in something bigger than us. We can only live a great life by faith. Anything less is meaningless. Without faith there is no substance, no purpose, or strength in a person's life.
2. We become what we pray. Prayer infuses us with strong belief in God than it infuses us with faith in ourselves to accomplish what is before us. Why wouldn’t we tap into a higher power? When the Lord is our strength and our shield we believe in Him with our heats and our soul.
3. Faith energizes us. Faith is like fuel or electricity; it provides power to us. Faith energizes us. Prayer is the ON/OFF switch that starts the flow of energy. We can develop our own personal prayers and recite them multiple times throughout each day.
4. The future belongs to the faithful. Nothing is accomplished without faith. Whatever faith you have inside of you will determine the faith you’ll have to do the work around you. If you don’t have faith, there’s a good chance you won’t be looking for anything meaningful to take place in your life. Nothing of lasting value has ever been accomplished by faithless people.
5. Most people don’t lack intelligent they lack faith. Lack of faith is a form of blindness. It is the inability to see what is to come; seeing a future much greater than our past. Strong faith in ourselves comes from our faith in God, our creator. Imagine if people placed their full trust in Him. IF God be for us who can be against us?
6. Truth sets us free. Faith allows us to overcome our fears. God rewards those who earnestly seek the truth, seek Him and thus find the truth in Him. Trust in Him for whatever may come your way. It's His job to see you through no matter how difficult your days may be. Why wouldn’t we want God on our side?
7. Our faith is continuously being tested. Our faith is tested on a daily basis. It takes risk and courage to have faith. Faith is the key that opens the door to our spiritual victory.
Have faith. Eternity is a long time to be wrong.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)