The purpose of the 7 Daily Nuggets is to teach us what we need to know to live a prosperous life; the things that we may not have learned or are not currently learning in church, school, home or at work. Let’s apply what we learn here and share these nuggets with others. We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Change your thinking and change your results
Change your thinking, change your actions, change your results, and create better habits.
Learning from the right books and the right people, coupled with the right actions will take anywhere you want to go in life.
Do you know the results you want from your work?
Are you focused in living your dreams and your purpose?
Here are 7 things to get you going:
1. Develop the dreaming habit. People with big dreams are bigger than their obstacles and their circumstances. Have the courage to dream big, deep, and long!
2. Develop the habit of setting goals and achieving them. It is better to miss your goals than to live without goals. We can never hit a target we don’t have, can we?
3. Develop the work ethic required to achieve results. Is your circle of influence growing? Hard work comes before smart work. Do the hard work first then learn how to compound and leverage your hard work.
4. Become results oriented. Keep an eye on your scorecard. Are you a good talent scout? How strategic are you when it comes to leveraging the right tasks? What is your scorecard telling you? What does you 5 or 10-year record trend reveals to you? Where are the trends taking you?
5. Develop the mentoring habit. Have the humility to submit to a mentor. It is easier to innovate than to invent. To move forward it is often necessary to stop listening to ourselves and start telling ourselves to apply the nuggets of wisdom we borrow from our mentors. Do your mentors have the fruit you want?
6. Become habitual in developing relationships. Do you have the right attitude? Are you part of an encouraging and uplifting culture? Why not? When it is all said and done, everything boils down to relationships. People remember how they feel when they are around you and after spending time with you. Help them and they will remember you. Meet people where they are.
7. Master the art of communication. Communicate what matters most. Are you letting people know you care? People don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care.
Be around champions and help others do the same.
Help people see the greatness in them.
Develop the right habits and you will be scared of your own success!
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)