7 Things to Accomplish in Life
The purpose of the 7 Daily Nuggets is to teach us what we need to know to live a prosperous life; the things that we may not have learned or are not currently learning in church, school, home or at work. Let’s apply what we learn here and share these nuggets with others. We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Time is our most precious resource. We are all here for a short time. Let’s make a life instead of just making a living. We all aspire to accomplish great things like owning our own home; doing the work we love, helping those in need in your community, change the world, etc.
Our blessings should be used for a purpose not just our pleasures. We are all here to live, to love, and to leave a legacy. What is your legacy going to be? What are you going to be remembered by?
Make your own bucket list and keep on expanding it until your last day. Start filling the bucket with large stones first, then the small stones, then the pebbles, then the sand, and finally the water. Live by your priorities not your obligations.
Here are 7 large stones to get you thinking about filling your own bucket (*):
1. Plant a forest. Leave places where you have been better than you found them. Provide shade for someone yet to be born.
2. Raise a child. Know the meaning of life. Give and receive love.
3. Write a book. Written account for posterity. Contribute to society.
4. Grow a garden. Grow vegetables, herbs, and flowers and give to others. Learn and teach the law of the farm. Apply successful principles. Learn and teach life skills to younger generations. Know the value of farm work.
5. Have own library. Have 1,000 books. Become self-educated. Leave hand written notes on the edges of book pages. Become what you read.
6. Travel inside four continents. Appreciate beauty and learn how others live. Exchange stories. Learn their language and eat their food.
7. Bring someone to faith. Leave the ripple effect in motion. Save a soul.
*I have been blessed by having accomplished all of the above.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)