Do you know who you are?
The purpose of the 7 Daily Nuggets is to teach us what we need to know to live a prosperous life; the things that we may not have learned at church, school, home or at work. Let’s apply what we learn here and share these nuggets with others. We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
He or she who conquers self-first can conquer great things!
Know your strengths and weaknesses; work on both.
Develop great habits and become their slave.
Here are the 7 daily nuggets about discovering who you are, who you were created to be:
1. Read. Great books introduce you to you. Great books help you to discover who you are.
2. Reflect. An unexamined life is a wasted life. The wise are the ones who take time to reflect on their life experiences. Leverage your strengths and minimize your weaknesses.
3. Meditate. Connect with your inner being, your core. Meditation helps to connect with mind with your heart, your spirit and your soul. Know where your strength comes from.
4. Pray. Tap on a higher power through daily prayer. Prayer allows you hear the music coming from your soul. Prayer gives us the strength to withstand the storms of life.
5. Listen and associate. Listen to the wisdom of others. Listen to the sounds of nature. Associate with people you admire and trust. Choose the right role models to emulate.
6. Write. Condense your thinking into words. The right words carry enormous power with them. Writing is the art of creating music with words to create feelings and emotions for others.
7. Give. Gratitude and generosity are the privilege of the great. We are all here to live, to love, and to learn. Love is the greatest expression of truly being alive.
We become what we read, reflect, mediate, pray, listen, associate, write, and give.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)