The purpose of the 7 Daily Nuggets is to teach us what we need to know to live a prosperous life; the things that we may not have learned or are not currently learning in church, school, home or at work. Let’s apply what we learn here and share these nuggets with others. We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
Are you prepared to lead? What is leadership anyway? There are many definitions for leadership.
The best definition I have found is that leadership is character in motion.
Character is integrity plus courage. Integrity is the adherence to a moral set of values or simply doing what is right. Courage is having the heart and the mind together to venture and persist in the face of fear, danger, and hardships. No wonder there are so few leaders today! Leadership is deeply needed in our current world.
Leadership is demonstrated.
Sooner or later all of us are called to lead.
Will you be prepared to lead when your time comes?
Prepare and your chance will come.
Do you want to be a leader in today’s chaotic world? Here is what it takes:
1. Have a clear vision. See the future. Communicate your vision with clear and compelling pictures.
2. Operate the best version of yourself. Keep on reinventing yourself and releasing your best version. Master of craft.
3. Develop other leaders. Be a talent scout and invest in the right people. Hunger trumps intellect every time.
4. Value relationships and results over busyness and output. Focus on adding value to people’s lives.
5. Lead by example and by duty. You owe it to your loyal followers. Setting the example is important. Feeling a duty to lead is leadership at a higher level. Flip that organization pyramid and be at the bottom, taking the shots, honoring and serving those you lead.
6. Chase excellence and be wise. Have the humility and hunger to learn from your experiences and the experiences of others. Value mentoring to become a great coach.
7. Master the art of communication. Be visible, be inspiring, be engaging, be emotional, and above all be passionate about your vision and your cause.
Be a leader and leave a legacy!
Be blessed and be a blessing to others
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)