The purpose of the 7 Daily Nuggets is to teach us what we need to know to live a prosperous life; the things that we may not have learned or are not currently learning in church, school, home or at work. Let’s apply what we learn here and share these nuggets with others. We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Be a giver in a world of takers.
The law of the farm is a powerful natural law. Predictable results are obtained when applying the 7 principles governing this powerful law.
The applications of the law of the farm are broad; in business and in life. There are consequences, a price to be paid, for violating the law of the farm. I love teaching by showing this law at work to our youth using my garden as the tool.
Imagine if our young leaders fully understood the law of the farm and the power hidden in it.
Here are the 7 Ps of the law of the farm:
1. Perspective. What is the purpose/reason for doing something? Begin with the end in mind.
2. Planning. The right plans lead to the right actions. Failing to plan is planning to fail.
3. Preparation. Be prepared. Have the right tools to do the job. Success begins when opportunity and preparedness meet.
4. Planting. Planting is at the center of the 7 principles because it is the most critical, requiring attention to many details. We only reap what we sow.
5. Prevention. A bad thought is similar to an obnoxious weed; it must be pulled. Diagnose before prescribing. Prune or be pruned.
6. Protection. Protect the investment with tender loving care. Protect your most valuable asset, your brain. Leave the land better than you found it.
7. Performance. Rejoice harvesting the fruits of your labor. There is great joy and thanksgiving upon reaping and sharing the harvest.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)