1) The great majority of us have been trained, conditioned to become employees. The problem with America today is that too many want to be employees and too few want to be business owners. The government is part of the problem, not the solution by bashing businesses and putting employees against business owners. Without healthy businesses there is no healthy economy, period.
2) The principles of wealthy thinking are available to everyone; few apply them.
3) It does not matter how much we make, what matters is how much we keep and what we do with the money. As an employee we work 8 hours and get to keep 5 due to taxation.
4) They only way to have both time and money is to invest both. Short term thinkers have more stressful lives due to the need to exchange time for money. Stop spending and start investing time and money.
5) Learn to value time more than money. Imagine time being gold and money being silver. Time is as good as gold!
6) Investing time is what creates wealth. It takes understanding of 3 powerful wealth creation principles to invest instead of spending time: long term thinking, delay gratification, and the power of compounding.
7) Wise business owners build assets so when they stop working their assets keep producing income for them. While traveling on vacation the money is still coming in.
Remember that money is not the most important thing, time is. Time is what creates wealth. Also, money is not the most valuable thing, oxygen is!
Be blessed and be a blessing to others
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)