Saturday, November 10, 2012

FEAR

Fear is False Evidence Appearing Real. 

Look at these two pictures. One is pleasant and we enjoy looking at it having many thoughts about it. The second one does not generate the same feeling at the first one. Why? Because most of us do not know what the object on the second picture is. Do you know what it is? Bet you would easily touch the red leaves in the first picture and not the red object on the second picture. Drop a comment about the unusual object in the second picture and your thoughts about fears.


Most things we fear never come to pass. Fear is lack of information. We fear what we don’t know. Fear helps us to determine what we need to do next. Fear is also a built in protection system from real danger. Here are some questions about fear. Take the time to learn about fear. The right information and thinking helps us to act despite our fears. The more we learn about our fears the more we develop courage. Let’s live a life of hope instead of a life of fear!

1) Is this fear about protecting my ego or a true safety hazard?

2) Why does this fear exist?

3) What can I learn from my fears?

4) What are my biggest fears telling me?

5) How can I live a significant life despite my fears?

6) When do I fear the most?

7) Where do I encounter my fears?

Be blessed and be a blessing to others
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy) 

No comments:

Post a Comment