The Fun-damentals of life!
The wheel of life has many spokes. A smooth sailing life has a balance in the following spokes. A rough ride through life happens when spokes have different length and strength.
1) Faith. Eternity is a long time to be wrong when it comes to caring for our souls. The best course of action is to find the truth and live by it.
2) Family. We don’t get to choose what family we are brought into. We do get to choose what legacy we leave behind.
3) Finances. Time is more valuable than money. The greatest gift of all is the gift of our time to relieve the suffering of others.
4) Following. All great leaders were great followers first. There is no leadership without followership.
5) Freedom. Freedom is the most precious and least appreciated of all the fundamentals in life. Freedom is like inherited money. It is easy to squander the freedoms we did not have to fight for.
6) Friends. Friends lighten the burdens in life. The best way to have great friends is to be a great friend first. Ego is normally what stands in the way of great friendships.
7) Fun. Ancient Greece had a complete different way to define fun than we do today. True friendships prospers in an environment where friends are constantly looking out for ways to improve themselves so they can improve their friends.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)