Making Room for Life
Chaotic lifestyles starve connectivity and choke connected relationships out of life. Don’t let it happen to you. Technology exists for us to leverage it and not let it leverage us!
1) The solution does come from doing the same old thing and expecting different results. In order for things to change something has to change.
2) Learn to live with change and still carve time each day for important relationships.
3) Watch out for the busy loneliness screaming at you. It traps you into believing the busyness equals productive which is not the case.
4) No one really has the time; we have to make time for what is important. The problem is that the urgent screams at us while the important only whispers at us. Learn to tune in the quieter voices by turning down the loud voices of the loud world wanting things from you.
5) Make time for children, elders, and those important around you. Discover or rediscover the art of play and laughter.
6) Meal time is sacred time. Meal time is sharing time. Meal time is short story time. Meal time is memory time.
7) Get the work done at work. Leave the work at work not just physically, mentally as well.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)