Here is what went wrong with America?
1) Government became too big. Constitutional changes gave government free range to issue, collect, and spend money.
2) Lack of leadership and lack of accountability became evident in most organizations. False leaders became self-absorbed and self-serving.
3) Powerful special interest groups. Politicians primary focus became to serve special interest groups to the point of having them make legislation to be approved in exchange for favors.
4) Detachment. Majority of Americans became detached from organizations and the political process.
5) Entitlement. Drastic increase in government dependence demanded as a birthright.
6) Pleasure. Majority of Americans chose pleasures, comfort and convenience over excellence.
7) Indulgence. Majority of Americans became uneducated and self-indulgent when it comes to body, mind and spirit.
Here is what is still right with America?
1) America has a strong history of achievement still producing inventions and innovations.
2) American is a resilient and entrepreneurial society grounded on diversity.
3) America is well positioned geographically and resourcefully rich.
4) America can still produce enough freedom fighters to reverse the current of mediocrity.
5) America is a nation blessed by God that is starting its awakening from spiritual poverty.
6) America has a group of rascal entrepreneurs rising to the occasion to lead a movement to break the current societal decay.
7) The divided America has started a much needed revolution. Which route will America go? You can choose to go the route of bloodshed or the route paved with great books and wisdom. America still provides us with the freedom to choose.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)