How do you control your thinking?
Information influences our thinking and our thinking controls our results in life
We all have a choice of what information we let into our brain. We all have internal and external voices speaking to us; some softly and some loudly. Which voice do you listen to? The information we allow into our minds affects the way we think and our thinking determines what we become. Why so many allow the wrong inputs into the computer running their life. Remember the old computer saying “garbage in garbage out”, the same applies when it comes to the program running our lives. Here are some of the important questions regarding what internal and external voices we listen to.
1) Do we listen to the voice of fear or the voice of hope?
2) Do we listen to the voice of failure or the voice of persistence?
3) Do we listen to those with proven results in life or to those with nothing to show for their theories and rhetoric?
4) Do we listen to the voice of faith or the voice of despair?
5) Do we listen to those that have done it or to those that talk about doing it?
6) Do we listen to those committed, those in the field of battle or to those in the periphery making all the noise?
7) Do we listen to those offering real help or to those like Wal-Mart seagulls?
Why let are you letting someone else’s garbage into your brain?
The choice is always ours and so are the consequences.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)