Let’s Take the IM out of IMpossible
A few years ago I read the book, IN A PIT WITH A LION ON A SNOWY DAY, and wrote on this blog a month ago about The Circle Maker. Here are 7 more nuggets about being a Lion Chaser.
1) Let’s position ourselves a the right place at the right time even if the right place and time seem to be the wrong place and time at first. We have not really lived until we have looked foolish in the world’s eyes.
2) Let’s look for opportunities hidden in our problems and obstacles. We can only be our bests by taking risks. We will not regret the mistakes we made; we will regret the opportunities we missed.
3) Let’s remove the IM out of IMpossible. Amazing miracles come after we learn to thrive in the toughest circumstances and the impossible odds.
4) Let’s learn to live with the big view of where we are going. The more we grow the smaller our problems become.
5) Let’s muster the moral courage to face all fears square in the face. What we don’t know is what is stopping us from becoming what we are supposed to be.
6) Let’s learn to reframe and change our perspectives about pain, obstacles, failures, and all the difficult circumstances that come our way. No pain, no learning and no gain. No pain, no lion chasing stories to tell.
7) Let’s learn to compound our blessings. Let’s embrace change and learn to live with uncertainty if we want to live with certainty in eternity. Small and continuous positive changes in the right direction result in major consequences over time.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)