Do You Speak Other Languages?
For every new language a young person knows the income potential increases by one million dollars!
Now more than ever the importance of speaking a second, third, fourth language is more important than ever. I have been blessed with the ability to speak four different languages and travel to over 20 countries. If we want others to understand us, why don’t we learn how to understand them first? First seek to understand then to be understood is one of the habits of highly effective people instilled in many of us by Stephen Covey. What are other compelling reasons an individuals should learn other languages?
1) Create pathways in our brains for faster learning. Improve our cognitive and life skills.
2) Better global understanding and appreciation for other cultures, traditions, customs, and other ways to solve problems. Change the way we view the world.
3)Better appreciation for art, beauty, life, and God’s creations. Learn new ways to approach life issues.
4) Better understanding of ourselves, our own culture by seeing the world from different perspectives.
5) Have more and better friends. Have more enjoyable travels. Have more tolerance for other ethnic groups.
6) Increase our communication skills. Learn different ways to express concepts and ideas. Learn different ways to communicate and learn.
7) Improve our native language ability. Better understand ourselves and our own culture. Improve mind stimulation and curiosity.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)