CAN WE REALLY TRUST A POLITICIAN?
1) If you believe politicians will take care of you, you are up for a rude awakening. Why? Politicians will say anything to get your vote and stay in power. You are not the American people. You are you. You have your unique needs. At the moment you expect someone else to take care of you, you give the power to them relinquishing the responsibility for yourself and those around you. Only people can take care of people. Build relationships with family and friends in your community. Communities take care of their people, not politicians.
2) If you believe politicians will take care of your health needs think again. Politicians want us to live in the make believe world of Mr. Rogers and fantasy land. Just take a look at how they system is working. Two of the biggest industries are food and drugs. Have you thought that one provides the goods to create the health problems and the other provides the drugs to treat the symptoms while the populations stays ignorant passing the responsibility to government. If you want a fact based understanding of the big mass in these two industries read the book The China Study by T. C. Campbell and T. M Campbell II.
3) If you believe politicians will take care of your education needs look at their record. Compare public, private and home-school student performance in life. Read the book A Thomas Jefferson Education by Oliver DeMille to get facts about which system is outperforming.
4) If you believe politicians will take care of your retirement needs read the last statement of your social security. Big government does an outstanding job in creating dependence by making people believe that government will take care of them during the golden years. There are no gold reserves left folks. The government is totally broke, way beyond us, the people they are supposed to serve. Would you take financial advice from a completely broke financial adviser?
5) If you believe politicians will fix the economy, boy oh boy, watch out. Most politicians never ran a business therefore they have no credibility with the business world. This is why politicians yield to business people in exchange for influence; I mean money to be converted into votes. Did you know the Federal Reserve is not federal and it has no reserves? The Fed was created to prevent economic recessions. How effective has the Fed been since its creation, 100 years ago?
6) If you think politicians will fight for your freedom, think again. Politicians will fight for your right to be dependent on them. Never forget we are always one generation away from losing our freedom.
7) The rule of law and national security is where the government focus ought to be. The primary role of government is to protect our freedoms and not infringing on them, like property rights, and country infra-structure for businesses to flourish. When government gets into the business of telling how to run businesses, watch out! What big governments have proven to be good at is to create problems and make them bigger and bigger making the public believe the politicians are the ones that will solve them.
Be blessed and be a blessing to others
Carlos Fontana, President of Phalanx
Co-author of the book Follow to Lead (The 7 Principles to Being a Great Follower)
Author of the book PRICELESS (Sixty-Six Simple Stories of Reflection, Love, and Legacy)